This page is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a doctor or other medical professional with any concerns you may have regarding a potential injury. Never disregard professional medical advice or avoid seeking it because of what you read here.
It’s probably DOMS if the pain..
- Started 24-48 hours after your workout
- Feels more like overall soreness in a particular muscle
- Decreases over the course of a few days
It is likely an injury if the pain…
- Started in the middle of your workout
- Is sharp and localized
- Lasts for longer than four days.